The wonderful Christine of Patchwork Allsorts decided to nominate us for a One Lovely Blog award in which we had to tell 7 things about ourselves and then pass the award on to 10 more bloggers who had fairly newish blogs. Actually most of the blogs we look at and comment on are well established like the marvellous Jenny of Elefantz and Nero's Post and Patch and Threadbear Cottage so we realised we didn't have 10 bloggers we could nominate.
But we have decided to tell you 7 interesting things about us anyways -
1. We all love chocolate!!!! After all it comes from beans and beans are a vegetable - so it must be good for you - right!!!
2. The Mother was born in England and went to Kenya when she was 1. Miss H was born in New Zealand and went to Kenya when she was 4 months old. I was born in New Zealand and have yet to go to Kenya - I'm scared of lions!
3. The Mother is an only child. I am an only child too! Heehee!! Actually there are 40 million sheep in NZ and only 4 million people. So Miss H and The Mother don't believe I am an only child.
4. The Boss was an English as a Second language lecturer until this year when he became a Science teacher. He put marks on the roof of the new laboratory on his first day. Woops! Won't be putting so much sodium in that experiment again!
5. The Mother trained as a Primary School Teacher but has spent the past decade homeschooling Miss H and the Geek.
6. In this house if you get cold the heater doesn't get turned on - you just get told to get yourself another quilt! After all, that's why the Mother (and Miss H) makes them!
|These are just 2 of the many, many quilts the Mother and Miss H have made.|
7. Miss H and Grandma are heading to England in the middle of the year to go see relatives in Swanage on the coast. Miss H can't wait - and I will be in her luggage!!! It will be my first time overseas - unless you count going to the South Island.